Shoes Direct Ltd. trading as ShoesDirect.ie is a private limited company, registered address Coole Enterprises, Coole, Castlebridge, Co. Wexford, Company Registration No. 631914 and is the data controller of any personal data you provide in the context of engaging our services.
We are committed to protecting your personal data in compliance with data protection principles. You may contact us at any time to exercise your rights as a data subject or where you require further clarification on the information provided in this policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this Website you are agreeing to the use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Purposes of Data Collection
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of:
- Creating a ShoesDirect account – email address which may be used to contact you in regards to your ShoesDirect account
- Fulfilling your orders – full name, postal address, telephone number, email address, company name (optional), payment information, credit card information and order information to be used to fulfil your order
- Newsletter sign up – email address to be used only if you input your email address to receive our newsletter, which will include marketing information, deals and updates directly related to ShoesDirect only.
- Contact us – name and email address, to reply to a query that you first submit to ShoesDirect through the Contact us form
- Cookies – see ShoesDirect Cookies Policy
Where you voluntarily submit your personal details for the purposes of engaging our services we rely on Article 6(b) of the GDPR to provide the legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data for this purpose i.e. we require your personal data to fulfil the performance of this agreement with you.
What do we use the personal data/information mentioned above for:
- To fulfil your order, process transactions and issue refunds.
- To create your ShoesDirect account.
- To personalize your experience, to help us show you content that relates to your personal needs.
- To improve our website, helping us to see how best to maintain and develop our website as well as any issues or blockers that we may see from our customers use of our website and from feedback sent in from them.
- To improve our customer service, allowing us to better understand and answer your queries and any support issue you may have.
- To carry out research in relation to visitors and tracking of sales data.
- To run a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send newsletter / marketing emails with information on new products and special offers. These would only be sent if you choose to sign up for our newsletter.
- We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity – a credit check is not performed and your credit rating is not affected.
Categories of Data Collected
We only collect personal data that is provided by you in the context of enquiring about our services or making an order i.e. name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, credit card information and order information.
ShoesDirect have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin accounts which are used to connect with customers that like/follow these social pages and to advertise our products and special offers. You may unlike any/all of our social accounts at any time.
How is your Data Processed?
Any data collected by ShoesDirect is processed using specially recommended security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
No personal payment information (credit cards details etc) are stored at any time on our servers.
Who will this information be shared with?
Your privacy is very important to us. Your information will not be given to any other company for any reason without your consent, other than for the express purpose of fulfilling your order or addressing the purpose of your contact with us as requested.
We will only share your information with third parties we use on a limited basis in accordance with our internal procedures. All third parties used by ShoesDirect that currently have access to your personal information have their own GDPR regulations in place.
Personal information may also be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
How long do we keep your information?
We hold your information (submitted by you to either place an order, set up an account, ask a question or subscribe to our newsletter) for the duration required to fulfil your order/request with us, as well the length of time recommended to fulfil our statutory obligations.
Your records are stored on secure servers as soft copy only and are normally kept for up to 5 years after a purchase per bookkeeping rules.
We would hold subscriber details as long as we are actively emailing newsletters to our subscriber database. You may request to unsubscribe from our database through the link in the newsletter email, or have your details erased entirely by – see ‘Your Rights’ section.
Transfers to Third Countries
We use cloud-based services where personal data may be processed for the purposes of providing our services to you and this may require the transfer of this data outside of the EEA e.g. Gmail.
Where personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, your rights as a data subject are protected by data transfer mechanisms such as Standard Contractual Clauses and EU/US Privacy Shield.
You have a number of rights as a data subject which you may choose to exercise at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Access to Personal Data
Where you wish to access a copy of your personal data held by us, you may do so by contacting us in writing and we will respond to this request in 30 days.
- Rectification or Erasure of Personal Data
Where you wish the data that we hold on you to be rectified, you have the right to request this in writing.
Where you wish to exercise your right to have your personal data erased, we will do so without undue delay, subject to the exemptions provided for in Article 17(3) of the GDPR.
- Restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data where you contest the accuracy of the data for a period allowing us to verify the accuracy of the data; where the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your data and request the restriction of its use instead; where we no longer need the data for the purposes for which it was collected but it is required by you for legal purposes; where you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1).
- Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
We use reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data and to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of any data in our control and will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that such information is kept as secure as possible.
Amendments of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Statement may be updated to reflect changes in privacy legislation, and any changes to this Notice should be reviewed when accessing the website.
Where links to third-party websites are provided, we do not accept any liability or responsibility for the content or security of these websites.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.